Terms and Conditions
After School and Holiday Programme Rules
There are risks associated with your child(ren) attending the House of Science (HoS) programmes. To help minimise these risks there are safety procedures as well as rules and boundaries for all children which must be complied with.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated
- Respect your own and other people’s belongings
- Please sit down when eating or drinking
- Listen carefully when instructions are given
- Keep all comments positive or constructive
- Children are not to go out of bounds without a staff member/volunteer
The HoS programmes will not exclude a child on the basis of race, religion, culture, gender or background. Children with special needs will not be excluded from the programmes (providing that the child’s needs can be catered for) to ensure a positive experience for all. Every effort will be made to include the child within the limits of the resources in the programmes.
Important Items to Bring
- Sturdy footwear is strongly recommended.
- · Safety glasses will be provided if and when necessary.
- Parents/caregivers are expected to notify the HoS of an absence, for any reason, as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary concern and time in tracking your child’s whereabouts
- Should you have any queries, concerns or feedback, please feel free to speak with the HoS Supervisor.
- Parents/caregivers are responsible for ensuring the HoS has up to date contact and medical information
Pick up of Children
- If a child is not collected at the end of the day the following procedure is followed:
- 1.Two staff members remain with the child until picked up
- 2.Calls are made to parents/caregivers and then the emergency contact(s)
- 3.Parents/caregivers will be charged a late pick-up fee.
- Parents/caregivers must inform the HoS staff if their child is to be collected by a person not listed on the enrolment form. Staff will not release a child to a person who is not identified on the child’s enrolment form until the parent/caregiver has been contacted. We must see a driver’s license or other form of official identification to verify the identity of the person collecting the child
- Written permission is required for a child to leave the programme unaccompanied and is subject to HoS staff approval
- If any medication is required to be administered while at a HoS programme, a medical form must be on file. This form provides written permission for HoS staff to administer medication
- All medication is held by the Director or support staff. Volunteers do not hold or administer any medication.
- All medication must be supplied in its original packaging clearly stating the child’s name and dose as prescribed by the Doctor at the time. Only the prescribed dose will be given as per the medical instructions.
- Children 9 years and over can hold asthma inhalers.
- The HoS Tauranga has your permission, if necessary, to arrange urgent medical treatment at your expense and to move your child(ren) in an emergency to a safer location. The HoS will contact you as soon as possible in the event of an emergency
- Inappropriate behaviour is not tolerated and will be handled swiftly.
- If the inappropriate behaviour continues, the HoS director will talk with the parents/caregivers and a behaviour management plan may be created and implemented.
- Behaviour that compromises the safety and well-being of the child, the staff or other children in the programme will result in the child responsible being suspended. No refunds are given in this case.
- Any complaints should be directed to the HoS director who will endeavour to rectify the situation.
9:00am – 3:00pm for 5 days, first week of April, July and Sep/Oct school holidays.
Morning and afternoon tea included, students bring a packed lunch.
$250.00 inc GST per week. Students sign up for the whole week, no part payment accepted.
After School Programme:
3:30 – 5:00pm on a Monday afternoon.
3:30 – 5:30pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.
$195 inc GST per term. 8 sessions starting week 2 of term.
Students sign up for a full term, no part payment accepted.
Late pick up
A fee will apply to children collected after the programme finishing time. $10.00 for the first 15 minutes and a further $10.00 for every 15 minutes thereafter
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Withdrawal from our programmes more than seven (7) days before the commencement of the programme will be entitled to a full refund less 10% administration fee. This will be actioned only if requested in writing (email or letter). A bank account or postal address is required for the refund to be processed.
Withdrawal less than 7 days before the commencement of a programme will usually not qualify for a refund unless there are extenuating circumstances (injury, bereavement etc.). Please contact the director who is able to exercise discretion in this instance. Evidence of the circumstances will usually be required.
House of Science initiated:
If for any reason the House of Science initiates the cancellation of a programme before it starts, all those registered and paid will be reimbursed in full.
Programmes that are stopped part way through will initiate a part reimbursement depending on how long the programme has been running for. (e.g. the after school programme should run for eight weeks, if the House of Science stops this after four weeks there will be a 50% refund).
Note: Attendance at HoS programmes is deemed as acceptance of all our policies.
A copy of the HoS Policies and Procedures is available on request.