Our Hamilton/Central Waikato library of Primary School Science Resource kits...
- Cover a growing range of relevant topics
- Include at least 5 hands-on experiments, catering for Year 1-8 students
- Are easy to use - everything a teacher needs is in the kit, including all consumables
- Include bi-lingual student instructions and teacher manual
- Are fully aligned with the NZ curriculum and many reflect current National Science research
Kits are booked for one week at a time and are delivered to/collected from our member schools.
We are currently signing up schools and will start delivering this awesome service from the beginning of term three 2018.
HOUSE OF SCIENCE NEW ZEALAND
Scientifically literate people participate as informed citizens and make intelligent decisions that will affect the quality of their lives and that of their children.
House of Science is passionate about inspiring young New Zealanders' interest in science through tangible learning experiences. We are a charitable trust providing quality science resources to schools and professional learning for teachers to promote positive engagement with science in all its forms. VIEW VIDEO
Teachers, students and the wider community can access our diverse programmes and educational materials including
- A comprehensive science resource library for primary schools
- Teacher professional development
We work with over 300 schools in the North Island, delivering more than 200 resource kits each week. As a result over 8,000 students a week are accessing our hands-on learning experiences.
Science builds key competencies like critical thinking, questioning and problem solving.
The science career pipeline must be populated from a young age as students have decided by age 10 what career they will not pursue when leaving school.
'Flexi-Physics' has just been added to our library of kits and so far it is very popular. The kit..Read more..
Chris Duggan was a finalist in the Innovation, Science and Health category which was won by Prof..Read more..
Did you know that by the time kids start intermediate school they have decided what types of..Read more..