We’re Hiring: Business Manager
Employer: House of Science NZ
Location: Central Tauranga
Terms: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience
Reports to: House of Science NZ CEO
We have an opportunity for a passionate Business Manager to join the team at our head office in Tauranga. This is an exciting role which has been established to assist the growing number of regional centres in implementing sustainable business practises and to offer guidance and advice at an operational level. This role involves some travel within New Zealand.
House of Science is a charitable trust with a vision of raising scientific literacy. This role is based at our national head office where we support a growing number of regions delivering science resources to primary and intermediate schools. Our office is MS 365 based, so proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint would be desirable.
To thrive in this role, you will have a positive outlook, be a team player and a fast learner. Relevant qualifications are desirable but not essential, but experience in a similar role is expected. You will be a confident and competent communicator across a wide range of platforms. You can handle stress while keeping a positive attitude and have excellent customer service skills. You can deal with conflict in a professional manner and can follow through on projects with little to no supervision. Experience in or an understanding of the not-for-profit sector would be extremely helpful.
- Offer strategic business advice and guidance to regional centres
- Monitor performance of the regional centres and work with the CEO to resolve any issues
- Create, build, and maintain the image (professionally, publicly, and socially) of the organisation
- Create and execute projects, coordinate events (in collaboration with the CEO)
- Develop internal and external communications strategies
Be proficient in the above tasks while providing excellent customer service and act professionally while interacting with partners, staff and volunteers. Plus:
- work well independently
- computer literate
- have excellent problem-solving skills
- have an excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- positive attitude
- full, clean NZ driver’s licence
Please send a cover letter and a brief CV (no more than 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Jan 18th 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa