Volunteer Finance Whiz
House of Science Manawatu is looking for a volunteer finance whiz to help keep our accounts in order.
We are the Manawatu branch of House of Science, a charitable trust dedicated to raising scientific literacy in our communities. We provide science learning resources, teacher professional development and out-of-school science learning experiences to primary and intermediate schools, teachers, students and families in the Palmerston North and wider Manawatu region. (You may have heard of us as Active Minds Aotearoa, which was our name before we became a part of House of Science.)
We are a small, volunteer-based organisation and need someone who’s good with Xero, who will:
– Keep a regular eye on our bank account
– Keep our Xero transactions organised, reconciled, etc.
– Work with the Board of Trustees to ensure our bills are being paid
– Provide periodic finance reports to the Board of Trustees explaining our position
– Work with the Board of Trustees to provide funding reports for grants received, etc.
Our operating budget and turnover are small, so most times we probably need less than hour a week of your time, though probably a bit more on occasions when we need reports done.
We are based in Palmerston North, but you can do this work from anywhere
We employ a small but passionate team of people at the House of Science as well as a large team of dedicated volunteers. Positions come up regularly at our branches all over the country, please contact your local House of Science if you are interested in becoming part of the team.